Our Intellectual Property Practice
Lupsa & Asociatii advises on all aspects of intellectual property rights whether it is about creation, use, transfer, enforcement or cancellation of intellectual property rights (patents, trademarks, trade names, designs and copyrights). We have represented clients from a wide range of industries such as multinational IT, telecom and pharmaceutical companies, as well as local companies and individuals.
OUR EXPERIENCE IN INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY
OUR EXPERIENCE IN INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY LITIGATION
Some of our law firm mandates include:
- Biggest US technology company – trademark litigation, successful settlement negotiations
- US peer-to-peer carsharing company – successful negotiations, successful trademark assignment
- The leading Italian manufacturer of fresh ready meals and snacks – trademark infringement, unfair competition
- The biggest US big data analytics software company – trademark infringement proceedings
- The biggest Belgian glueless locking flooring manufacturer – successful patent enforcement proceedings
- Biggest brandy manufacturer in Romania – for trademark and unfair competition against competitors
- One of the biggest tobacco manufacturers in the world – successful patent infringement proceedings
- Biggest European plywood producer – trademark infringement proceedings
- A Romanian world-renown esports company – multi-jurisdiction trademark registration, management and enforcement.
- Biggest German natural cosmetics manufacturer – trademark opposition and successful settlement negotiations
- The biggest open-source electronic prototyping platform – trademark opposition proceedings
- The biggest Ukrainian halva manufacturer – trademark and design cancellation against a former distributor
Other mandates of our team (prior to this law-firm) include:
- Biggest US chipset manufacturer – enforcement of trademarks, trade name and IP rights in Romania (for 10 years);
- One of the biggest UK pharma – landmark Romanian case against competitor for alleged infringement;
- US patent holder – for patent enforcement against a Chinese manufacturer related to 4G/LTE technology;
- One of the biggest German pharma manufacturer – in connection with litigation against a generic pharma competitor;
- One of the biggest Swiss pharma manufacture – in connection with a series of cases against generic pharma competitors;
- Biggest energy drinks manufacturer – multiple cases concerning the enforcement of its registered IP rights in Romania;
- US courier company – protection against internet fraud and trademark infringements in Romania;
- Top Romanian distributor of construction materials – litigation with one of its competitors for unfair competition;
- Biggest Italian Bank on the enforcement of its trademarks, trade name, domain name and other IP rights in Romania;
- Biggest IT manufacturers in Taiwan – trademark & trade name infringement dispute;
- Biggest Hungarian dairy products producer – enforcement of trademarks in Romania and cancellation of identical trademark;
- Polish dairy products manufacturer – enforcement of intellectual property rights in Romania;
- One of the biggest US IT manufacturer – trademark & trade name infringement dispute;
- Biggest German chemical and consumer goods company – enforcement of intellectual property rights in Romania, litigations with competitors on unfair competition matters, infringement of the trademark rights/industrial designs.
- Biggest German construction materials retailer – cancellation of trademarks and domain names.
- Biggest Romanian PVC producer – cancellation of an industrial design registration by a competitor.
*Names not displayed due to the Romanian Law regulating the attorneys profession. The complete list of mandates is available upon request.
SEARCH FOR A TRADEMARK
ONE FREE NATIONAL ONE CLASS SEARCH
MONITOR A TRADEMARK
NATIONAL OR INTERNATIONAL
SOME OF THE TRADEMARKS WE HAVE REGISTERED